Joined: Mar 11, 2009
Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:27 am
Hi there, i am a black british student from london, who is in the process on writing a dissertation that centers on the lives of young people during the liberian civil conflict. I know that for some, this will be a painful memory but i am keen to learn as much as possible. my main focus is the 1990- 1995 and i would like to know everything from:
1. popular tribal names (for gio, man, krahn mainly)
2. important events during 1994 and 1995
3. where would street children live?
4. how much would cigarettes cost?
5. how do people commonly travel?
6. is there a gio or mano word for 'someone who doesn't speak'?
7. what is the name for a spiritual healer?
8. which musicians were really big during this period?
9. was national football televised?
10. what was the most common form of money making for less fortunate children?
really hope to hear from as many people as possible,