|Minister: ||Antoinette Sayeh |
|Deputy: ||Francis Karpeh|
The Ministry of Finance is responsible for matters relating to economic policy, the central government budget, taxes, banking, security and insurance, international economic work, central, regional and local government.
The Ministry is responsible for formulating and implementing fiscal, financial and monetary policies. Furthermore it is also responsible for the evaluation and review of the following governmental programs and their associated expenditure.
- Governmental financial administration and accounts;
- Budget Formulation and Analysis;
- Printers and Stationery — printing and publishing services
- Supplies — procure, handle store, arrange, through Customs, and distribution of all materials and supplies needed by Government and appointment of Boards of Survey;
- Information Technology and Computing Services — promote and facilitate high quality information technology services to ministries and departments.
The Ministry of Finance performs tasks in the areas of the :
- Treasury function
- Public accounting,
- Public contracts,
- Tax and customs systems,
- General government revenue and the system of finance,
- Prevention and discovery of money laundering,
- Regulating gaming activities,
- State aid and macroeconomic analyses and forecasts.
The Ministry is headed by Antoinette Sayeh former World bank staff .
|| Francis Karpeh
|| Deputy Minister of Finance for Admin
| Aletha K. Browne
||Assistant Minister for Debt Management and Expenditure